Emepod-200 Tablets Supplier
|Composition of Product
||Cefpodoxime Proxetil 200 mg
| Click to view more |
store in a cool, dry place and avoid direct sunlight
- This medication is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. This medication is known as a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
- This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu). Using any antibiotic when it is not needed can cause it to not work for future infections.
How to use Cefpodoxime Proxetil :
- Take this medication by mouth, usually every 12 hours or as directed by your doctor.
- If you are using the tablet form of this medication, take it with food to help increase the absorption of the drug.
- If you are using the suspension form of this medication, take it with or without food. Shake the bottle well before each dose.
- The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to therapy. In children, the dose is also based on weight.
- For the best effect, take this antibiotic at evenly spaced times. To help you remember, take this medication at the same time(s) every day.
- Continue to take this medication until the full prescribed amount is finished, even if symptoms disappear after a few days. Stopping the medication too early may result in a return of the infection.
- Inform your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
Side Effects :
- Diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, or headache may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
- Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
- Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: swelling of the ankles/feet, tiredness, fast/pounding heartbeat, trouble breathing, new signs of infection (e.g., fever, persistent sore throat), dark urine, persistent nausea/vomiting, yellowing eyes/skin, easy bruising/bleeding, signs of kidney problems (such as change in the amount of urine).
- Seek immediate medical attention if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur: vision changes, slurred speech, mental/mood changes (such as confusion).
- This medication may rarely cause a severe intestinal condition (Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea) due to a type of resistant bacteria. This condition may occur during treatment or weeks to months after treatment has stopped. Tell your doctor right away if you develop: persistent diarrhea, abdominal or stomach pain/cramping, blood/mucus in your stool. Do not use anti-diarrhea or opioid medications if you have any of these symptoms because these products may make them worse.
- Use of this medication for prolonged or repeated periods may result in oral thrush or a new vaginal yeast infection. Contact your doctor if you notice white patches in your mouth, a change in vaginal discharge, or other new symptoms.
- A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any of the following symptoms of a serious allergic reaction: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
- This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Before taking cefpodoxime proxetil, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to penicillins or other cephalosporin antibiotics (e.g., cephalexin); or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: kidney disease, stomach/intestinal disease (e.g., colitis).
- This medication may cause live bacterial vaccines (such as typhoid vaccine) to not work as well. Do not have any immunizations/vaccinations while using this medication unless your doctor tells you to.
- Kidney function declines as you grow older. This medication is removed by the kidneys. Therefore, elderly people may be at greater risk for side effects while using this drug.
- During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- This drug passes into breast milk and could have undesirable effects on a nursing infant. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Looking for "Emepod-200 Tablets" ?